15 April 2016

On being talked about

A couple of weeks ago, Crazy Eddie's Motie News posted about the blogging experience of being written about by other bloggers.  As Oscar Wilde said, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.  The post prompted me to think about when things I myself had written prompted strong commentary reactions from others.

In almost ten years of blogging, many of my posts have been linked and/or excerpted by other blogs (especially Progressive Eruptions), at Crooks and Liars, and even occasionally on Reddit and the redboards.  But the most notable case where one of my posts prompted serious discussion from others was this one, which provoked posts (with substantive comments) from Republic of Gilead and Frank Moraes.  I hadn't really expected that specific post to strike such a nerve, but in hindsight I'm not surprised.  It came from the heart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

I guess the more readership you get, the more likely that you will receive more criticism, and you have some controversial things to say. Also you are a more professional type writer, at least the way I see it.

15 April, 2016 04:34  
Blogger Pinku-Sensei said...

I'm flattered to have inspired this post. Also, thanks for linking to the entry of yours that prompted so much discussion. It reminds me that I need to read more of your older posts.

15 April, 2016 20:14  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Ranch: Thanks -- actually the two posts weren't too critical, though some of the comments were.

Pinku: That one was, as I say, much felt. But as I'm sure you've discovered, one never knows which post will attract attention!

17 April, 2016 04:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home