14 October 2012

Link round-up for 14 October 2012

The fugitive is in safe hands.

Is this a new trend -- barfing celebrities?

Add some chaos and horror to your Christmas with a Cthulhu ornament (found via Mendip).

Could you fill this balloon?

Obama is to blame.

What if Captain Ahab had used satellite imaging?

Scientists can now produce pure gold from gold chloride using bacteria.

What a bunch of crap.

Romney is listed in two national animal-cruelty registries.

It's time for women to get angry.

The haters glom onto Sally Ride's death.

Here's why nothing gets done.

Stand with the Walmart strikers.

Even here in Oregon, sensitivity to rape victims needs work.

As President, Romney would wage war on contraception.  And his foreign-policy ideas are just stupid.  He should listen to Ambassador Stevens's father.

C'mon, slavery wasn't so bad.

Obama's stand on gay marriage has brought a real shift.

This is not the behavior of a normal person -- it's pathetic.

Here's a handy Obama-Romney comparison on energy policy -- a field where Germany and the US are both number one.

Christian women read this.

Why should we believe the "Obama 2016" film?  These bozos were totally wrong about the first term.

Recent weird right-wing statements about rape may be rooted in the nature of conservative communities.

Spare the rock, spoil the child (sent by Mendip).

Cannonfire looks at another Romney tax lie.

No, we are not "borrowing from China".  But Bain Capital is still sending our jobs there.

Secular students score a win in Canada (found via Lady Atheist).

Austerity has brought Greece to the brink of collapse.  Strapped police are sending crime victims to neo-fascists for protection.

14-year-old activist blogger Malala Yousafzai, shot by religious fanatics, is doing well after surgery.

Modernity makes you smart.

2012 will probably be the warmest year on record for the continental US.

Melting ice could be more dangerous than we think.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shaw Kenawe said...

"What a bunch of crap."


When I first saw that photo, without having read what it was about, I had assumed the horse manure that was left there was from a pro-Romney parade that had marched by earlier in the day.

15 October, 2012 05:12  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

If that was official Romney horse manure, you'd be able to see the tax deductibility splattered all through it.

15 October, 2012 06:12  
Anonymous Blurber said...

I sure hope the British give Malala Yusafzai the very best security. I'm disappointed it was revealed what country she's in and in what hospital.

15 October, 2012 12:15  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Last I heard, the Taliban say they still want to kill her -- and are targeting her father as well.

15 October, 2012 12:15  
Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

Mornin Infidel, Thanx for the link up, just selected a few of interest ... a shame about that kid and the Taliban thing, really is, I wanted to cover it, but hadnt got to it like so much other stuff man, there's just too much shit to cover it seem's like.

I also been following this WalMart union thing locally (didnt get to do anything on that yet either). I was in the neighboiurhood WalMart the other morning about 5am ... best time by my standard's, no line's or anything, to pick up only a few house cleaning thing's I needed, I usually hardly ever go to WalMart for a thing ... beside's, I get a discount at "Target", but their not 24/ 7 is why I couldnt get in there. But there was only 2 gal's working the cashier's line's at that hour, I walked up to check out, and the gal directed me to that self- check deal, I told her I wont use them, she though thought I didnt know how to and offered to assist me, then I told her I dont use them because it put's people like her out of work, she laughed, and said "so true ... I never thought of that". I had a few cent's change coming, told her to give it to Mitt Romney ... they both busted out laughing : )

The gold piece was great, something to really "f" with the market's if it could get in mass production, make it all worthless and the horder's having to whine over it.

I hear there is another debate tonight, I would bet that President Obama change's his approach, even though "I" thought he done great on his first debate, while most American's didnt think so. But one thing about these candidate's ... they are both clear as day on what they stand for, and I feel they/ both side's done well at presenting that ... as an American who love's my country and what liberties I DO HAVE, I dont see how in Hell, anyone could vote Republican ... but that's just me.

16 October, 2012 05:21  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

RC: The gold piece was great, something to really "f" with the market's if it could get in mass production, make it all worthless and the horder's having to whine over it.

Right now the technology is uneconomical -- that is, producing a given amount of gold costs more than the market value of that gold -- but technology tends to come down rapidly in cost. I've already seen signs of consternation around the goldtardosphere.

16 October, 2012 05:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home