30 August 2011

Blog guarantee of quality

This blog will never feature the topics of "the 27 club", reality TV, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Tiger Woods, "metrosexuals", UFOs, Bigfoot, Pokémon, World of Warcraft, miracle diets, celebrity diets, celebrity pregnancies, celebrity weddings, celebrity divorces, celebrity drug problems, "hipsters", Nyan cats, out-of- body experiences, "wardrobe malfunctions", Bing-vs-Google, Apple-vs-PC, Explorer-vs-Firefox, the Geico lizard or whatever it is, Area 51, Angry Birds, "photobombing", sports, Twilight, "planking", Illuminati/Bilderberger/black helicopter/Bohemian Grove/NWO/9-11/JFK assassination/Vince Foster/"suppressed technology" conspiratardia, that Bachmann corndog photo, the Netflix price increase, the gold standard, Dubai's ridiculous artificial-island projects, who was worst-dressed at the latest awards show, those fake-subtitled versions of the Hitler rant scene from Der Untergang, anything beginning with a lower-case "i" followed by a capital letter, or Mayan-calender 2012 horseshit. Because I respect the value of your time, and of my own.

13 Comments:

Blogger LadyAtheist said...

Way to boost your view count! Good job!

30 August, 2011 04:27  
Blogger Leslie Parsley said...

Bravo. And there's plenty of quality to be found here.

30 August, 2011 07:07  
Blogger okjimm said...

whew.... at least quality beer and a little bit of snark is still ok.... I'm IN!

30 August, 2011 08:34  
Anonymous Sherry Peyton said...

Damn,no area 51? This is a hard choice Infidel! HA

30 August, 2011 09:15  
Blogger Ahab said...

Glad to hear it. Quality is paramount, and we already get enough fluff from what passes for the "news" anyway.

30 August, 2011 09:19  
Blogger Robert the Skeptic said...

I can't hide my disappointed that "wardrobe malfunctions" are off the table.

30 August, 2011 09:31  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is so awesome. I did a post on Forever 27. And it goes without saying...but, i don't do quality control. Seems like a good idea tho, Awesomeness.

Kriss

30 August, 2011 10:07  
Blogger Shaw Kenawe said...

Except for the Hitler rant, which I confess, I posted on my blog, I'm with you all the way on your "will never" list.

Can you ever forgive me?

30 August, 2011 12:31  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks everyone! Ahab, I hope I never sink to the level of the MSM! RtS, well, maybe if they're especially exciting. SK, I may have had a lapse here and there myself -- those parodies just grate on me a bit because I know German and can understand the real dialog (also, it's a great movie).

30 August, 2011 16:06  
Blogger Unknown said...

And a damn fine blog this is. I never consider it a waste of my time to stop by here.

Please forgive me however, as I do post on The Blues and occasionally sports as I would go insane if I didn't. ;-)

30 August, 2011 18:39  
Blogger Eric Noren said...

I think blogging about President Obama counts as blogging about metrosexuals.

30 August, 2011 20:27  
Blogger Twilight said...

I'm not as "purist" as you, Infidel, but I appreciate your aims. Sometimes, though, those fluffy, frilly items you abhor are antidote to the horrendous real news. We do need to remain sane !

31 August, 2011 08:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I love the Bachmann corndog photo, but I respect your criteria nonetheless. Thanks for saving brain cells around the world!
PS: And thank you for linking to my blog again on Crooks and Liars. May I buy you a coffee? :-) You rock!

31 August, 2011 13:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home