16 February 2008

The Infidel is [OUT]

I'll be heading out of town today, returning sometime Sunday or Monday. I won't have internet access, so there won't be any new postings here or comments posted.

In the meantime, here's some other stuff that's worth a look:

A woman sentenced to death for witchcraft, not centuries ago, but now (link sent by Blurber).

Yet another example of Paulist harassment.

A blunt rebuke to Islamism.

Two very disturbing cases of police abuse.

A great open letter to the President of Mexico.

And encouraging election news here, here, here, and here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for links (I think - they are pretty depressing). The police abuse videos are terrifying.

17 February, 2008 05:59  
Blogger John Evo said...

I was guessing, before I clicked on it, that the witch story was out of Africa. I was close. In some ways, being in Saudi Arabia was more distrurbing - I'm not sure why I felt that way...

Hmmm... she "confessed". That's like someone confessing to being a spy from another planet.

17 February, 2008 12:00  
Blogger Rita said...

Yes thank you for the links.

That poor Saudi woman.
The backwoods ignorance & superstition would be laughable if it wasn't so dangerous.

18 February, 2008 13:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home