19 August 2007

One year

Today represents the one-year anniversary (or "blogiversary", as some have it) of this site. I hope I've managed to provide some entertainment and food for thought, and, from time to time, to annoy those who needed annoying. I actually have no idea how many people read this site (though apparently the competition isn't getting any worse), but if I can pique even one person's interest in something new to them, I figure it's worth it.

From time to time a few people have expressed mild puzzlement about my internet name, especially the "753" part. It's a reference to 753 BC, the traditionally-accepted (though actually uncertain) date of the founding of Rome. I consider the Roman Empire to be the true root of Western civilization, and the origin of most of what makes up the distinctive culture of the West. "Infidel", of course, simply reflects the fact that I am, always have been, and always will be proudly religion-free.

6 Comments:

Blogger mendip said...

Congratulations & Happy Anniversary!

19 August, 2007 12:36  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks!

19 August, 2007 13:57  
Blogger tina FCD said...

I like your blog name, kinda cool.

19 August, 2007 14:44  
Blogger DaVinci said...

Thanks for the advise and happy blog birthday!

18 November, 2007 06:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I consider the Roman Empire to be the true root of Western civilization"

Some guys from Greece want to talk to you.

13 November, 2019 21:52  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

I've recognized both.

14 November, 2019 03:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home